IT'S OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY AT SUMMIT COMMUNITY CHURCH


HOW WE CAME TO BE AT SUMMIT COMMUNITY CHURCH
CO-incidence or GOD-incidence?


It was Sunday, July 2, 2017. I sent out a message on Facebook to some of my Facebook Friends. It was about an event that I was glad to see happening in our nation's capitol over the July 4th holiday.  So, I shared it with many. Here is the invite I received and forwarded to my friends.

  • "Rodney & Adonica Howard-Browne invite you to a week of powerful Holy Spirit-filled meetings at Celebrate America 2017 at the DAR Constitution Hall from Tuesday, July 4th to Monday, July 10th.  In the mornings, we'll train and equip you to share the Gospel with anyone and in the evenings see Revival in DC.  Rodney & Adonica Howard-Browne"
 CELEBRATE AMERICA
Click pic for promotional videoCelebrate America 2017 in D. C.
That same day I sent the invite, I received a response from Thelma, and she said, 
  • "Thanks so much for sending this. Where are you fellowshipping now? I'm at Summit Community Church in Grantville, an international school of ministry started by David Wilkerson in the late 90's.
I responded,
  • "Nowhere. We've been listening to David Wilkerson's messages on YouTube. He is the real deal.  Few preach like that.  I'll mention Summit to Yvonne."
Thelma added,
  • "Without the students, it's pretty empty and some of the staff are on vacation but I feel there's life there."
It's no coincidence . . . . 
  • that Yvonne and I had been listening to David Wilkerson's messages on YouTube,
  • and that Thelma was attending Summit Community Church located on the campus of Summit International School of Ministry, 
  • and that David Wilkerson founded both school and church,
  • and that I reached out to Thelma,.
  • and that Thelma reached out to me
There is no CO-incidence, but there is GOD-incidence.  Things just add up to perfectly for God not to be involved in making these connections and line up of events.

Then, on Friday, July 7, 2017, I was driving home from Baltimore with my sister-in-law, Elaine, who had been receiving proton treatments for cancer in Baltimore at Maryland Proton Treatment Center.  That's a place with state-of-the-art cancer treatment that was used by God to provide some miraculous healing for Elaine.  

So, we're on our way up I-83 from Baltimore more than half way home, and I decided to give Yvonne a call at home to let her know when we would be there.  My cell phone is synced to my car radio, and I used the voice activation to try and call home:
  • I pushed the voice activation call button and said, "Call Home at Home".
  • The phone responded, "Calling Thelma at Home".
  • I said, "No, no, no.  I wanted to call Home, not Thelma."  So, I tried to quickly disconnect the call, and did.  I immediately realized that I needed to talk to Thelma about Summit Community Church to get more info.
  • I called Yvonne and filled her in on our arrival time and also told her about the call to Thelma.
  • I then called Thelma and I filled her in on the story and she shared some information with me about the school and the church.  I told her, "We will be at Summit this Sunday."
Was the voice activated call to Thelma a mistake or a coincidence? No. How does the voice activation interpret "Call Home at Home" as "Call Thelma at Home"? I believe it was another GOD-incidence, destined to be.  

On the very next Sunday, July 9, 2017, Yvonne and I went to our first service at Summit Community Church. It turned out to be excellent for us. Thelma was there to introduce us. The message by the pastor was excellent. Yvonne and I were both greatly and positively impacted by our attendance.  We knew we would be returning there.

For our first 3 weeks, these are the messages we heard.  
  • Open Your Mouth in Prayer   Ryan Seaborn  July  9, 2017
  • You Belong Inside                  Pavel Maftey   July 16, 2017
  • The Fight For Our Faith         Nik Godshall   July 23, 2017
The message preached by Pavel Maftey was a perfect message for what Yvonne needed to hear. She can recall it vividly. All the messages as preached then and since are perfect for our needs and are life changing.

Thus, that's the story of how we learned about Summit International School of Ministry and Summit Community Church, and came to be regular and permanent attendees. Surely, God revealed His plans for where we are to be in a local church.

This Sunday, July 8, 2018 is our first anniversary for being led to and staying at Summit International School of Ministry and Summit Community Church. God has been so good.

The below pictures are of our grandson Hayden on our third attendance on July 23, 2017 at the front door to the church. Hayden is pictured with Ken Lewis, a graduate of the school and long standing member of the church.

Hayden Barbush and Ken Lewis

Discovering Summit International School of Ministry and Summit Community Church has been a real blessing for our family and 2 of our grandchildren, Hayden (8 years old then) and Landon (6 years old then). Actually, we believe our discovery was more like a leading to by God.

The campus upon which the school and church are located is near Grantville, PA, about 15 miles from us in Linglestown. We live on the south side of Blue Mountain and the campus is also on the south side of Blue Mountain, near I-81 and Rt. 22. We've lived in Linglestown for 20 years and were never aware of the school and church. However, while travelling I-81, I do remember seeing white buildings on the campus and wondering what it was. It was previously the Mt. Zion School Of Ministry. Things named Mt. Zion always have a way of attracting my attention, but I never pursued access to this gated and fenced campus. The only reason for that is likely that it was not yet our time to become familiar with the happenings on this campus.

David Wilkerson
Summit International School of Ministry was founded in 1994 under the ministry of David Wilkerson. The goal was established that students would leave the school fully equipped to make disciples for Christ in whatever vocation they are called to.

Summit Community Church is passionate about the Word of God because we are hungry to know Him more. The church ministers to the residents of our surrounding community, as well as to the students and staff of Summit International School of Ministry. The church was originally for campus staff and students, but was somewhat recently opened up to the surrounding communities, which we and others are very thankful for.

David Wilkerson passed away in 2011 in a car accident. The legacy that he left is huge and will live on greatly. 

Summit Campus

Summit Community Church

Stay tuned for more about what it's like to be at Summit International School of Ministry and Summit Community Church



James Eugene Barbush
2021 Blue Mountain Parkway
Linglestown, PA  17112


Call: (717) 514-5549
E-Mail: JamesEBarbush@GMail.com
Website:  The Shepherd's Voice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANK M. BARBUSH, The Grandfather I Never Knew

"To The 42nd Floor" - A Short Story