PRESS ON!!!! NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!

"Oh me, oh my.  What am I to do about life's problems?"  NO!!!!!  That's not what to say about the trying times of life.  What to say is,"PRESS ON!!!!  NO MATTER WHAT!!!!  PRESS ON!!!!"

I am encouraged today, greatly encouraged today.  Why?  Because I have found a few Christians who really get it and they are planting seeds in my life, and thus encouraging me to press on, no matter what.  They are speaking life into my spirit.  Encourage one another.  Strengthen one another.  That's what the Word says to do for one another, as well as about 40 other "one another phrases". 

With some things in my life, I might say that my back is at the Red Sea and Pharaoh is coming dead-on straight at me.  What shall I say?  "Oh me, oh my.  What am I to do about life's problems?"   NO!!!!!   I am saying, "PRESS ON!!!!  NO MATTER WHAT!!!!  PRESS ON!!!!  MY GOD IS BIG!!!!"

My Aunt Deloras Barbush WILL BE 90 on September 8, 2011 - 2 days from now.  When I saw her in the hospital a few days ago with heart failure, she could only sleep and hardly move, but she could hear and respond in a whisper.  She was very tired.  I thought she was going to exit that night.  Today, I went to see Aunt Deloras and she was sitting up, eating jello, and talking.  WOW!   I said, "What's up?".  She said, "I'm having all kinds of fun."  Of course, she was being sarcastic, but I fully laughed at her statement, because she is a fighter.  Yes, she is tired, but she is pressing on.  With her few sarcastic words, she encouraged me and then I encouraged her. I told her that she is such an inspiration to us.  Even though she is tired, I encouraged her to take full advantage of every minute and every hour and every day.  She understood.

We need people like my Aunt Deloras who was cast aside by her church decades ago (maybe over 40 years ago) for getting divorced.  She stayed away from all church for decades because of that rejection.  But in her elderly years, in her 80s, she started reading her Bible and seeking God.  Now, she is saved.  MY AUNT DEE IS SAVED.  HALLELUJAH!!!   Though false teachers try to lead her astray, I told her to stay with Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God, who is fully God, part of the trinity, not "a god" as some teach.  She understood.

We all were looking to "the inevitable", her passing on soon. However, she's is still here making her jokes.  What a blessing to us.  She's not done yet.  Our expectations do not always fit God's plans.  We expected her to pass, but she is still with us.  Way to go Aunt Deloras.

During my visit with Aunt Dee, we talked, and laughed, and said a prayer.  I assured her that we needed her here as long as she could stay.  In spite of her aches and pains, she is still a survivor and an excellent example for us.  She understood.

Just before leaving, I asked her if she was going to be here tomorrow for me to visit.  She said, "They might be moving me."  I said, "I'm not talking about that".  She said, "I know."  We laughed.  I said, "See ya' tomorrow."  She said, "Okay."

I have every expectation of seeing Aunt Delores tomorrow.  And I expect that she will be stronger than today.  Aunt Deloras, is "PRESSING ON!!!!  NO MATTER WHAT!!!!"

My Uncle Larry always said after watching a touching, heartfelt TV program, "Wasn't that a nice story?"   I now say that for this story about my Aunt Dee.  "That's a nice story."

"PRESS ON!!!! NO MATTER WHAT!!!! PRESS ON!!!!  OUR GOD IS BIG!!!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANK M. BARBUSH, The Grandfather I Never Knew

"To The 42nd Floor" - A Short Story