A Dream About Barack Obama

Last night, I had a dream about Barak Obama.  It went like this:

President Obama was standing on a platform higher than me.  He was directly above me, very close.  He could reach down to shake hands.  He was at a campaign event.  He was smiling, but his smile looked somewhat artificial, not sincere, forced.  He looked at me and said, "Would you pray for me?"   He paused briefly, looking at me, expecting an answer.  I hesitated very briefly because I could not pray for him to win the election, but I knew the request required a proper response. I understood his question to mean, "Would you pray for me so that I would win the election?"  I thought to myself, I certainly could not pray that he win the election, but I should pray for him.  After my brief pause, I tried to tell him, but I was interrupted by others talking and he was looking away, "I can pray, 'God's will be done in your life'."  He did not hear me.  I tried to tell him again, "I can pray, 'God's will be done in your life',"   but was again drowned out by others.

That's the dream.  Do I have an interpretation for this dream?  I can only guess about some things, and some things I know for sure.

I know this:

  • We are to pray for our leaders.  That's New Testament scripture from Paul.  

I guess at this:

  • What could the artificial smile mean?  Is Barak Obama concerned about being successful in the election?  
  • Why did he look at me expecting an answer?  He seemed sincere.
  • Why did I pause?  Was I simply caught off-guard?
  • Why did he look away after asking the question, and after my pause?  Though he had looked at me expecting an answer.
  • Why did he not hear my answer?  Was he insincere?  Was he just distracted by others?  

I think the most important thing I sense from this dream is that God is in control and we do not need to worry about what the results of the election will be.  There should be a peace in our thinking because of that.  Then, as we pray, God will work things out in others and in our country.  Do not worry.  Do not try and force things.  Pray for our leaders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANK M. BARBUSH, The Grandfather I Never Knew

"To The 42nd Floor" - A Short Story