The Generations Living Today

I attended an educational session today on Generational Differences.  I was hoping to hear strategies on how the generations can learn to work together and not be so isolated and locked into their known stereotypes - Traditionals, Baby Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers.

As usual in these sessions, the instructor talked about each generation being influenced by the happenings of its day.  Such as Traditionals affected by WWII, Boomers affected by the Kennedy Assassination, Gen Xers affected as latch key kids, and Gen Yers affected by technology.  The instructor also presented the different values of each generation, values that affect their interaction.  This all seems logical and, therefore, easy to believe.

There seemed to be no direct discussion about relationships, no discussion of right and wrong, and no discussion of proper standards.  Seems to me that relationship should transcend differences, and a standard to live by determines what is right and wrong.

So, once again, after such a session of secular teaching, I'm left to wonder how "in the world" are the generations going to work together in collaboration for a particular common mission.  I don't believe that I received any answers from today's the secular teaching, or any other previous secular teaching that I received.  Therefore, I believe the generational differences cannot be solved with a secular solution.  In my opinion, though the instructors are right meaning, and I respect today's teacher and do not criticize him, but the world gives me no answers to bring the generations together.

What's the alternative to learning the solutions to generations being able to work together?  I can only find the answer in "The Word Of God".  That Truth tells us how to treat each other, and tells us how generations should treat one another and how they should act.  I won't cite the verses now, but New Testament writers speak to old men, young men, children, little children, older women, and younger women.  When I read those words of truth, there's no wondering about a solution.  It is clearly there.

AND THEN, the ULTIMATE GENERATION, THE 42nd GENERATION, where all the believers of the generations become one generation, where Christ can be formed in each person, and all form "The Body Of Christ".

When looking through the secular view finder, I am confused and left wondering. 
When looking through "The Word Of God", all is made clear, and there is no confusion.

So now, with clarity revealed, what will I say to the next group that I speak to in the secular world about leadership, relationship, and the different generations.  I'll let you know after one of my upcoming sessions. Should be an interesting presentation with interesting reactions in a multi-generational setting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANK M. BARBUSH, The Grandfather I Never Knew

"To The 42nd Floor" - A Short Story