We Are Called, Loudly and Quietly

In my passionate times, I am pumped with loud music, a loud voice, and high energy.  When I hear the truth preached by selfless teachers of the word, I am filled with power and faith and I want to do as Paul said in Philippians 3:14, "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."  The word "press" makes me first think of "pushing with high energy".  But it could also mean "pressing into Him quietly and fervently with a sincere heart."


So when do I get quiet and consider what I am called to?   Go with me here, in this song by Steve Fry, "We Are Called".  Even though it's 28 years old, it is still as powerful as ever.

"We Are Called" by Steve Fry, 1983

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANK M. BARBUSH, The Grandfather I Never Knew

"To The 42nd Floor" - A Short Story